South Perth SC needs volunteers. Running our club takes quite some effort and we rely upon the generosity of volunteers at all levels of the club in giving their time. Sadly, we are always short of volunteers and there are a number of jobs that need doing that are not done as effectively as we would like through personnel shortages. Some roles don’t actually take much time, yet we cannot seem to fill them.
The lack of volunteers is always an ongoing concern, and it has been especially obvious that a change is required. The committee has decided to introduce a “Volunteer Levy” for the 2015 season to impress upon players’ families the urgent need to have volunteer assistance to successfully operate the functions of the club. Those that participate in a range of voluntary roles will have this levy refunded.
This will operate as follows:
Volunteer Levy refunds will only apply to registered volunteers that have participated in at least 5 hours per family per season, in approved voluntary roles. These include:
- Committee role (as published on our website)
- Managing a team for the season
- Working Bees (would need to attend more than one to complete 5 hrs)
- Coordinating /attending functions in a helper capacity
- Approved fundraising events
- Administrative support in some committee-managed initiative
- Line and field marking
- Kit Coordinator
- Equipment Coordinator
- Documented ground official duties by authorised members, Other significant tasks as approved by executive committee
- Sponsors of cash or goods in excess of $500 have already met the requirements and are excluded from this initiative
The Volunteer Levy refund does not apply for tasks like:
- Washing jerseys
- Running Lines
- Second or third assistant coaches
- Setting up or bringing down goals or flags
- Providing half-time fruit at games
- Attending games or training, or providing lifts to/from these
- Any members that do not fulfill the 5 hours per family requirement
The Refund Process When You Volunteer
Since registration and fees are managed through the MyFootballClub web site, every player will have this levy built into their fee paid online.
Refunds will be processed as follows:
- Families with multiple players are entitled to an immediate refund for second and subsequent players. Please email email@example.com with all family members requiring the refund and bank details.
- Sponsors are entitled to an immediate refund
- Elected Committee members to apply to club Treasurer for refund at any time
- Assistant Coaches and managers can apply from mid-season
- Others participating in a club activity will have hours marked off by the committee coordinator of that activity and these will be claimed from the treasurer.
A claim form has been added to the bottom of the page please fill in for refund.
To read the guide as to how volunteers should register on the MyFootballClub.com.au web site.
If you are interested in volunteering, let us know: please contact the committee on firstname.lastname@example.org or approach any committee member known to you.